On December 02nd 2020, China’s State Council Information Office released a White Paper on the country’s transport development titled: “Sustainable Development of Transport in China“.
The document outlines China’s plan to build a modern comprehensive transport system by 2035 (in line with the Strong Transport Nation goals).
The white paper is divided into the following six sections:
- A new path for transport in the new era;
- China’s growing strength in transport;
- A key to poverty alleviation and moderate prosperity;
- Modernization of transport governance;
- Building a global community of transport for all;
- Future prospects for China’s transport.
Besides focusing on the achievements made in the transport sector since 2012, the paper highlights the importance of opening up and reform, poverty alleviation, green and low carbon development, and international cooperation.
Please find the English version of the White Paper here