On 7 February 2023, Ministry of Ecology and Environment (MEE) released the Notice on the Management of GHG Emissions Reporting for Power Generation Sector from 2023 to 2025 to the provincial Departments of Ecology and Environment (DEEs). According to the Trial Measures of National ETS Management, it requires DEEs to organize the key enterprises and verification entities to carry out the emission data collection work and to support the construction of national ETS. All the information submission are to be made through the new online management platform of national ETS (www.cets.org.cn) before required deadlines.
Provincial DEEs’ main tasks:
- Collecting the next year’s market participant list and report to the online platform by 31 December of each year; for 2023, lists can be submitted until 10 March 2023.
- Organising the creation of the emission data quality control plan by 31 December of each year; for 2023, by 10 March 2023.
- Organising monthly information storage to the platform within 40 days of each month’s end.
- Organising enterprises to submit the previous year’s emissions report to the platform by 31 March of each year. The 2022 emission factor is 0.5703CO2/MWh.
- Organising verification and submit the verification report to the platform by 30 June of each year.
- Strengthening the supervision of emission-related data management.
- Evaluating the verification entities and publishing on the platform by 31 July of each year.