Following the internal exchange between GIZ Jiangsu Project and the German Embassy beginning of August, GIZ Jiangsu Project arranged an official bilateral online meeting for representatives of the German Embassy with Jiangsu Department for Ecology and Environment (JDEE) on August 18, 2020.
Firstly, Ms. Wang Hua, Division Chief of JDEE, discussed best practices in Jiangsu Province, including the latest progress in controlling and reducing GHG emissions.
During the online exchange, the following topics were discussed:
- Implementation of climate policy in China;
- Experience regarding the urban energy transition away from fossil fuels;
- Status and prospect of the coal phase-out for the Jiangsu province;
- Three phases of the Sino-German low carbon development project;
- Approaches to best transfer best practice examples gathered by the Jiangsu project to other provinces in China; and
- Approaches regarding international experience in the project content by engaging more international experts and partners.
A follow-up physical meeting in Nanjing has been agreed on, which shall take place in 2021.