17-24 March 2013 – The Study Tour focused on ETS legislation and experience sharing with Germany and Great Britain. The delegation included representatives of the Shanghai Development and Reform Commission (Shanghai DRC), the Institute of Law at Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences and the Shanghai Environment and Energy Exchange.
During the 8-day Study Tour the delegation had the opportunity to visit more than ten institutions working in the area of ETS legislation and emissions trading in order to learn about European experiences and discuss lessons learnt. The delegation gained in-depth insights into the legal framework of the EU-ETS, its implementation in the member countries as well as the process of trading. Furthermore, leading EU-ETS experts shared valuable insights about the current developments and possible structural reforms within the European trading system.
The delegation visited the following institutions in Germany and the United Kingdom:
- Federal Environment Agency (UBA) – German Emissions Trading Authority (DEHSt)
- Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU)
- Institute for Applied Ecology (Öko-Institut)
- German Institute for economic Research (DIW Berlin)
- European Energy Exchange (EEX)
- Ecologic Institute Berlin
- Green Investment Bank
- Grantham Institute for Climate Change, Imperial College London
- Climate Change Capital